Friday, April 23, 2010

Looking for some coding work...

If you are on the lookout for a C++, GTK+2, Qt, Linux developer with a PhD and experience in persistent storage and indexing then I'm looking for you!

For those who don't know me, I am "the libferris guy". Which means I have played with virtual filesystems for many many years and implemented a good handful of ways to index and search diverse filesystems. Some of the articles I did for Linux Journal and linux.com will give an impression of the sorts of things libferris can do, and in the next months the Linux Format includes information on Web services as a filesystem, eg, mounting flickr, youtube, and facebook.

After hacking RDF support into KOffice earlier this year, I would very much like to work more with Soprano and RDF technologies. But anything involving indexing and storage is also of huge interest. In fact one of the things I like about RDF at the low level is that it overlaps these desires too, for example, my custom model partial implementation for Soprano which is targeted at great performance on embedded devices.

I have implemented some GIST trees for PostgreSQL and worked with C++ and development on a Linux platform for over 10 years. If you are interested in these things or just want a Qt hacker for a while then please drop me a line using the nick for this blog at gmail or sourceforge as email address.

4 comments:

Vadim said...

You should check the maemo brainstorm section.

Not all brainstorms are program-specific but issues such as this one: http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/view/plugin_to_play_embeded_videos_in_another_application/

are probably easy to solve for someone with experience.

I suggest you either make a donation bar or you make it a paid plug-in/app.

More brainstorms over here: http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/
Some are very specifically requiring an app/widget to be built.

Best regards

Floriano said...

Build a LinkedIn profile, connect to all of your contacts and join Maemo and Meego groups.

Ruben said...

Hi I'm Ruben, developer for KMess (www.kmess.org), which is an MSN chat client.
We store the chatlogs as XML. Unfortunately opening large chatlogs is very slow at the moment. We could really use someone with your experience to speed things up :)

If you're interested, you can contact us via project@kmess.....

You're help would be really appreciated.

tarent said...

Hello,

I'm Anna and I'm the personal assistant from the tarent GmbH.

We are an Open Source Company in Germany (Bonn and Berlin).

We advise, develop and support individual software for our main customers in the public sector.

We always search for good developers for our projects.

If you are interested in a cooperation with us please sent me your contact adress and a profile of you to:

a.nesseler@tarent.de

If you need further informations of us, please contact me or use our website:

www.tarent.de

I hope to hear from you.

Thank you.

With kind regards.

Anna Nesseler